Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Family Tale of Samuel H. Slater from Wayne County Pennsylvania Lost in Boston Fire- Part 2

This story of Samuel Slater being killed in a hotel fire (see previous post) was not know to me as I began the search for information about my great grandmother (Helen Jane Slater) and her branch of the family tree.

I was on genealogybank.com in search of any newspaper reference to my Slater family of Wayne County, Pennsylvania or Sullivan County, New York. I was about to give up when all of the sudden I see an article about a Samuel Slater, similar age according to the information I do have, that died in a house fire in Honesdale, Pennsylvania in April 1904.

Source Citation:  "Four Burned To Death," Wilkes-Barre Times (Wilkes-Barre, PA), 11 April 1904, p. 10; digital images, Genealogybank.com (http://www.genealogybank.com : accessed 30 November 2012), Newspaper Archives (1690 - 2010).

Hmmm. Then I find another article with an age that is very close to my Samuel Slater.

Source Citation:  "To Bury Four In One Grave," Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA), 17 April 1904, vol. 150, issue 108, p. 7; digital images, Genealogybank.com (http://www.genealogybank.com : accessed 30 November 2012), Newspaper Archives (1690 - 2010).

I can't stop here! Is this my Samuel Slater that supposedly died in a hotel fire in Boston? To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment